> Business Check Ordering Guide > Troubleshoot & Fix Business Check Printing Problems
How to Troubleshoot and Fix
Business Check Printing Problems
If you are specifically looking to troubleshoot QuickBooks business check printing issues, head over to our QuickBooks Check Printing Primer
article. However, if you are looking for general printer alignment tips which may be all you need for fixing business check printing problems, you are in the right place! Let’s get started.
While most of our customers are most interested in our QuickBooks compatible laser checks or Peachtree/Sage 50 compatible laser checks, we also have many other compatible software programs included on our software list below. We guarantee that your laser checks will be 100% compatible with your current accounting systems. Additionally, Checksforless.com® guarantees that your laser checks and deposits will match your existing system or software title and version. For custom systems, simply send us a voided check and we’ll match it exactly at no additional charge.
- ACCPAC® Compatible Business Checks
- Best® Compatible Business Checks
- CYMA® Compatible Business Checks
- DacEasy® Compatible Business Checks
- Great Plains® Compatible Business Checks
- Intuit® Compatible Business Checks
- MAS 90®, MAS 200® & MAS 500® Checks
- Microsoft Money® Business Checks
- Microsoft Business Solutions® Checks
- MS Accounting® Business Checks
- MYOB® Compatible Business Checks
- One-Write Plus® Business Checks
- QuickBooks Compatible Checks
- QuickBooks Compatible Forms
- QuickBooks Compatible Deposit Tickets
- Peachtree/Sage 50 Compatible Checks
- Peachtree/Sage 50 Compatible Forms
- Peachtree/Sage 50 Compatible Deposit Tickets
- Soloman® Compatible Business Checks
- Timberline® Compatible Business Checks
Before you even do a test printing, make sure your settings are all good to go. This includes paper size (i.e. if it’s a check or envelope) and other settings that are specific to the accounting software/check writing add-on system you are using.
Even if everything looks aligned on the screen, the only way to know if it’s perfect is to do a test print. To save your checks, use a blank piece of paper for your initial print. Then, place the test print on top of a real check/document and hold it up to the light to see if the text is correctly aligned. If the alignment is off, make the necessary adjustments, and repeat the test print process until it’s completely right. Once everything is aligned, make note of these perfect settings (especially if it took you a while to get them just right) and start printing your real checks/documents!
There is a wealth of information online, especially around printing alignment. Since this information will be different depending on your specific accounting program AND your specific brand/make/model of printer, you’ll want to seek out forums that give you the right advice. And, if you can’t find what you are looking for, it’s smart to call the help lines/chat online with these specific vendors to pinpoint the exact issues you are having in order to find the most effective solution.
- Reset (unplug, plug back in) your printer if it’s not responding.
- Use clean white paper: Make sure the printer is loaded with unused, clean white paper, and then retry alignment. (And consider using a different brand of paper for better results).
- Use the right ink cartridges for your printer and make sure the ink levels are adequate; replace low or empty cartridges.
- Clean the printhead or ink cartridge (this may help with alignment issues or blotchy or uneven print quality problems).
- Make necessary printer installations and software updates.
- New printers, printer drivers and other software updates may cause issues with the printer drivers. The printer drivers themselves can malfunction or become corrupt over time or conflict with system files other software uses.
- Make sure to re-check settings after these installations/updates since it may alter the alignment.
For other Checksforless.com® printing resources, please feel free to check out these separate pages:
Online business checks are the best way to maximize your accounting software investment, centralizing all your important financial and vendor information in one place – all saving you time and money.
Online business checks also help your business in very specific ways:
- They are built with security in mind. At Checksforless.com® we guarantee your checks will meet or exceed industry bank processing standards, including Check 21 regulations. Additionally, all of Checksforless.com® checks exceed the security guidelines set by the industry and by the Check Payments Systems Association. For a full article on our commitment to business check safety and our customer identity protection, please check out our detailed business check security features article.
- They enhance your brand with full customization. We offer full customization on laser business checks, including 25 different color selections, a variety of fonts, and over 1,000 stock logos to choose from. Black logo imprinting is free of charge, but we can also prepare a quote for customized color logos. For more information, read our business check customization article on our site.
- They come with extensive options. Checksforless.com® has laser voucher checks, laser wallet checks, and 3 per page laser checks in thousands of styles and titles to suit your business needs and your budget. Visit our business checks formats article for more details or our product page directly for pricing options.
- Visit us online at Checksforless.com® or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started.
- Check out our FAQ page for more information.
- Call us or chat with our team of experts for any more specific questions you have!
Also, please enjoy our exclusive offers to all our valued customers:
- Checksforless.com® will beat any lower price you find by 10%.
- We are also proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. When you order from us, you will get the exact high-quality checking supplies you need for your organization every time.
- Our production time is fast at 4-5 days, not including shipping time. If you need your order faster than our standard delivery time, you may choose from our expedited in-plant rush services and expedited shipping services or talk to us directly.
We look forward to being your one-stop destination for ordering business checks helping ensure you get the most out of your software system. Reach out to us today to get started!
This page is made possible by Checksforless.com® For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com® has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage 50. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 or visit us online at Checksforless.com®.