> Business Check Ordering Guide > Business Check Security: Safer Than Ever
Business Check Security:
Safer Than Ever
There is no doubt that technology advances have improved our business world in so many ways; we are now able to get things done faster and more effectively – even from our own home offices. At the same time, there is always the safety consideration of: what do SBOs open themselves up to with so much important information and financial data out there in cyberspace? Luckily, ordering business checks online is one area that you can feel good about. We are going to detail how business check security (in all its facets) has never been stronger. Ready?
At checksforless.com®, we guarantee your checks will meet or exceed industry bank processing security standards, including Check 21 regulations. Check 21 is a federal law written to improve the efficiency and safety of the check processing system. Using electronic images, the need to physically transfer the check from one financial institution to another is eliminated. This system places certain requirements on the design, print quality and MICR encoding on banking products; a visual image is included below to best illustrate this:
All checksforless.com® checks exceed the security guidelines set by the industry and by the Check Payments Systems Association. For example, our checks feature security pantographs to limit reproducibility, as well as MicroPrinted Signature lines that are too small to be reproduced by a scanner.
We get it. Putting your account details online should make you pause (rightfully), but it’s never been more secure to order your business checks online. Here are some FAQs to prove how secure you can be:
- Is it safe to order business checks online? To safeguard your information against fraud, our site uses Secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Additionally, we use a secure server for all online transactions, have security checkpoints throughout in the ordering process, process credit cards through Address Verification Services, and our system checks for combinations of common elements of fraudulent orders (i.e. changes in the shipping address on reorders; different ship to, imprint and billing information; and deliveries to Post Office boxes and other non-physical addresses).
- How can I be sure that CFL is a reputable and trustworthy online business checks supplier? checksforless.com® are members of the Better Business Bureau Online, an organization known for its expertise and experience in conducting successful national self-regulation programs.
- When ordering business checks, will my financial information remain confidential? We protect your personal and financial information through Enhanced Identity Lock Theft Protection (double verification) and 3rd party security validation via an independent 3rd party whose certification is the only security scanning technology recognized to meet both the U.S. government's benchmark FBI/SANS security test and the security standards of all major credit card companies.
- Can anyone outside my business checks order see my personal information? checksforless.com® will never share customer information, including names and mailing addresses, with third parties.
Your reputation can take a hit when business mistakes are made, especially if it has to do with finances. Armed with the right checks (especially laser checks paired with existing accounting software) here are some advantages you’ll have:
- Steering clear of business check writing mistakes: From simple errors, to writing checks with insufficient funds, or opening yourself up to fraud with the wrong checks, these mistakes can be costly or embarrassing. Laser checks give you that safety net, ensuring everything is accurate, up-to-date, and fully tracked.
- Minimizing the chance for check account fraud: As a very real and costly threat to small businesses, laser checks help protect you from this crime.
- Preventing fake business check scams: In addition to having secure laser checks at your side, you should also understand the ins and outs of check scams that may target your business and what to do about it.
- 3rd-party check endorsements: While it may seem easy to sign a check over to someone else, we uncover why it’s best to keep your check systems clear-cut.
- Tax-time hiccups: Laser checks paired with your accounting software eliminates the tax-time chaos and confusion that is a major pain point for many SBOs.
Visit us online at checksforless.com® or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started. While our FAQ page is a great place to check out more information, our teams of experts are always happy to help you with any more specific questions you have along the way. checksforless.com® is also proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. When you order from us, you will get the exact high-quality checking supplies you need for your organization.
Ready to order your customized business checks? Contact us today!
This article is made possible by Checksforless.com® For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com® has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage 50. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775.