> Business Check Ordering Guide > How Business Checks & Accounting Software Reduce Stress
How Laser Business Checks & Accounting Software
How does tax season come so quickly every year? If you are like many other small business owners, it may be a time of confusion, chaos, and stress. Luckily, this no longer has to be an unnecessarily difficult and stressful tax season if you use the right business checks. Before we dive into the specifics of business checks, we are also going to help you avoid some common tax season mistakes – starting right now.
Leveraged from Business.org and summarized generally and quickly, here’s what many SBOs are up against at tax time with these common mistakes:
- Attempting to go totally solo: If it’s not your background, accounting and business tax law can trip almost anyone up, and it’s smart to get some help either through software, services, or both.
- Not investing enough: The right business services and products can go the distance in protecting you long-term, so don’t look for the cheapest route to take.
- Lack of vendor negotiation: You could be missing out on better vendor terms; use some simple negotiation on prices and services to improve your bottom line.
- Failure to track minor purchases: It’s easy to overlook small purchases or forget to save the receipt, but it can add up big time along the way – especially when there is “missing money” at tax time.
- Writing off major purchases/long-term assets as immediate expenses: If you purchase something that is supposed to have a long life (i.e. business equipment), it’s important to log this expense as an asset and depreciate it over time.
- Claiming “charitable” tax deductions: Since businesses often “trade” things for donations, be careful to incorrectly label this gray area as “charity” since it could get flagged.
- Not backing up data: In addition to software or cloud hosting, ensure you have a backup system to prevent any major headaches.
- Not reporting payroll and sales taxes correctly: Triple check these details since these mistakes come with big fines.
- Skipping the book review: Even if you have an accountant or other accounting services/software, always give your books your final and careful eye to catch nuanced things that may have been missed otherwise.
- Falling behind: Keep your books current and stay on your toes; this is how you can spot any issues before they become problems.
As an SBO, you don’t have time or money for mistakes
This is where Laser checks
come in. As touched on earlier, bookkeeping and accounting is a monumental task and every business owner needs the right tools and support in place – starting with the right accounting software that acts as a big safety net by minimizing guesswork, preventing mistakes, establishing financial record trails, and maximizing accuracy and efficiency.
If your business already has existing accounting software like QuickBooks and Peachtree®/Sage 50 in place, you need business laser checks to maximize this investment. Compatible computer laser checks automatically track spending, record expenses, maintain vendor details (and pay them), all the while creating
solid records that you need for financial clarity, especially at tax time.
If you aren’t sure how to write and print business checks in QuickBooks (or other programs), it’s easy. Basically, how to use QuickBooks checks (and similar software programs) is all guided within the platform. Simply create checks within the system, print them, and have all financial data tracked. Business laser checks eliminate the need to record transactions in separate ledgers, or even log expenses into manual spreadsheets – it happens seamlessly within the accounting software – saving you time and money and minimizing the risk for tax time errors.
Checksforless.com® also ensures that our computer checks are 100% compatible with existing software, in addition to being customizable for the business brand.
Accounting software (dependent on your program and customization) may also help improve your financial management with capabilities to:
- Track income and expenses
- Invoice and accept payments
- Maximize tax deductions
- Run general reports
- Capture and organize receipts
- Track sales and sales tax
- Send estimates
- Manage 1099 contractors
Paired with accounting software, laser checks can strengthen and empower your small business in a new way – providing financial clarity not just at tax time, but all year, every year.
We are proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our checks, and we are also happy to beat any lower price you find by 10%. Our quick turnaround time is 3-5 days with production, not including shipping time. If you need your order faster than our standard delivery time, you may choose from our expedited in-plant rush services and expedited shipping services or talk to us directly.
Visit us online at checksforless.com® or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started. While our FAQ
page is a great place to check out more information at quick glance, our teams of experts are always happy to help you with any more specific questions you have along the way.
If you are ready to order your customized business checks for a stress-free tax season, contact us today!
This article is made possible by Checksforless.com® For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com® has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage 50. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775.
Please note that this material has been prepared for informational purposes only, and is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on for, tax, legal or accounting advice. You should consult your own tax, legal and accounting advisors before engaging in any transaction.