> Business Check Ordering Guide > Can I deposit a check in my name to my business account?
Can I deposit a check in my name
to my business account?
If the bank you’re working with allows it, and it’s endorsed properly, you can deposit a check in your name to your business account. However, it’s best to keep personal funds separate from your business finances to avoid potential issues or tax complications. Rely on custom business checks as the solution.
Before we dive into business check deposits, let’s uncover the types of checks that exist.
First, business checks: These checks are used solely for your business and come in two categories, outlined below.
- Laser checks: Essential for businesses that have existing accounting software programs (like QuickBooks® or Peachtree/Sage®), laser business checks maximize this investment in a powerful way. These laser business checks automatically track spending, maintain vendor details, and create easy-access records. Not only do they help ensure financial accuracy, but they also save businesses critical time and money that matters most. Checksforless.com® ensures that our laser business checks are 100% compatible with existing software. We also provide custom business checks that fully represent your organization, including your company logo and brand colors.
- Manual checks: Ideal for businesses that need a portable way to keep track of expenses, these manual business checks are convenient and easy to use. Essential for businesses on the go, these business checks come in a variety of styles and options, notably the inclusion of vouchers.
For more details on our business checks, please check our Business Check Formats
page to see all our business check options.
You now know that personal checks and business checks are different. But it gets a little blurred if you’re looking for the answer to this question:
Can I deposit a check in my name to my business account?
If the bank you’re working with allows it, and it’s endorsed properly, you can deposit a check in your name to your business account.
Here’s the steps to follow:
- Endorse the back of the check with your personal signature.
- Under the "Pay to the order of" section, add a "full endorsement."
- Add your company's name to this full endorsement.
- Include the standard endorsement for your business.
Ultimately, your bank reserves the right to make a final decision regarding whether this deposit will be allowed. They might have more specific requirements on necessary endorsements.
Generally, sole proprietors may have more luck with this type of deposit. It’s generally trickier for corporations or partnerships that list more than one signatory on a single account.
While you technically may be able to deposit a check in your name to your business account, it’s best to keep personal funds separate from your business finances to avoid potential issues or tax complications.
Similarly, you also shouldn’t deposit a business check made out to your business into your personal accounts. Not only does it raise suspicions that you're trying to use company funds to cover your personal expenses, but it may also spark an IRS audit.
A better solution is to deposit a check that has been personally made out to you into your personal checking account. From there, you can write a check to the company from your account. As simple documentation and a proven paper trail, this shows a clean distinction between your business and personal finances.
The best solution is custom business checks. Completely customized with your account details and branding, our laser business checks are made for your business. They save you time, money, and ensure that your organization is keeping its business finances accurate and always up to date in real time, 24/7. Business checks aren’t an accessory; they are a critical ingredient to your organization’s success.
Checksforless.com® is the ultimate destination for your custom business checks and all your banking supplies.
If you’re ready to order your customized laser business checks
or customized personal checks
visit us at Checksforless.com or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started.
If you’re looking for more guidance on business checks, please visit our Business Check Ordering Guide for everything you need. You can also call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 and our teams of experts are always happy to help you with more specific questions.
We look forward to helping you with all your business checking needs!
If you’re ready to order your custom business laser checks that will save you time and money, contact us today!
This article is made possible by Checksforless.com® For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com® has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage 50. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775.