> Business Check Ordering Guide > Business vs. Personal checks: What You Should Know
Business vs. Personal checks:
What Entrepreneurs Should Know
As a small business owner, you know the volume of checks needed to keep your organization running, especially across all the vendor services you require to be operational. In a pinch, it may be easier to reach for a personal check to cover an expense – but hold that thought. We are going to detail why it’s so important to keep your business and personal checks separate.
As an extension of your brand, business checks are professional, secure, and intended specifically to handle business finances.
Most businesses these days opt for laser checks
(a.k.a. computer checks) since these maximize investments into existing accounting software like QuickBooks® and Peachtree®/Sage 50. Leveraging the power of software, these compatible computer checks automatically track spending maintain vendor details, and create easy-access records, all saving SBOs time and money. checksforless.com® ensures that our computer checks are 100% compatible with existing software, in addition to being customizable for the business brand.
What are manual checks
? Also an option, manual business checks are great for on-the-go businesses that need a portable way to keep track of expenses.
Lastly, personal checks
are connected to your personal bank account and meant for your personal use. By nature, these checks are more “fun” and can be customized for your personal taste.
We covered some common tax-time mistakes in this article: How Business Checks & Accounting Software Reduce Stress
and simply put, your business doesn’t want gray areas when tax season comes around. Blurring the lines between your business and personal finances will get messy.
The rule of thumb is pretty simple: Business checks should be for your business and personal checks should be for your personal life, without crossover.
Your business checks represent your brand, so it should look like your brand. (Personal checks will just confuse your professional contacts and minimize your reputation as a legitimate business). Here’s exactly how you strengthen your brand through business checks at checksforless.com®:
- Company logo:
If you have an existing logo: Your logo placement is free. You can send the artwork as a black and white copy, in a .tif, or a .bmp file extension at no additional charge. If you’d like, we will completely design your imprint and software layout for free.
- If you want your logo printed in color: Since each logo is different in size, complexity source file, and number of colors, please contact us directly for a color logo custom quote.
- If you don’t have a logo: Stock logos are a great way to get that professional look and we have a library of free logo designs for your printed products including business checks.
- Custom business checks colors:
We have an extensive color catalog to match your brand with further custom color palette capabilities
- Custom business checks fonts:
You can choose different fonts for your imprint in a variety of normal font, bold font, italic font and font sizes.
What information should I have printed on my business checks?
If you aren’t sure what a bank needs for compliant checks, don’t worry – we do. Through our online ordering system, we secure all of the information we need to ensure your checks are printed exactly right. checksforless.com® has a 100% financial institution compatibility guarantee. Our state of the art MICR matching system also ensures readability by all financial institutions. We guarantee your checks will meet or exceed industry bank processing standards, including Check 21 regulations.
What security features do you offer on your business checks?
Your business doesn’t have time or money for financial security breaches or hiccups, so you’ll want to rely on business checks instead of personal checks for your most secure transactions. Here’s how checksforless.com® ensures security:
- All checksforless.com® checks exceed the security guidelines set by the industry and by the Check Payments Systems Association.
- To safeguard your information against fraud, our site uses Hacker Safe systems along with Secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology. Additionally, we use a secure server for all online transactions, have security checkpoints throughout in the ordering process, process credit cards through Address Verification Services, and our system checks for combinations of common elements of fraudulent orders (i.e. changes in the shipping address on reorders; different ship to, imprint and billing information; and deliveries to Post Office boxes and other non-physical addresses)
- checksforless.com® are members of the Better Business Bureau Online, an organization known for its expertise and experience in conducting successful national self-regulation programs.
- We protect your personal and financial information through Enhanced Identity Lock Theft Protection (double verification) and 3rd party security validation via an independent 3rd party whose certification is the only security scanning technology recognized to meet both the U.S. government's benchmark FBI/SANS security test and the security standards of all major credit card companies.
- checksforless.com® will never share customer information, including names and mailing addresses, with third parties.
Even though you will keep your checks (and finances) separate between your business and your personal life, you can get both products created at the same time to fit all of your needs.
Visit us online at checksforless.com® or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started. While our FAQ page
is a great place to check out more information, our teams of experts are always happy to help you with any more specific questions you have along the way. checksforless.com® is also proud to offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee. When you order from us, you will get the exact high-quality checking supplies you need for your organization. Order your checks today!
This article is made possible by Checksforless.com® For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com® has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks and Peachtree/Sage 50. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775.