There’s always some questions on business check accounts vs. personal check accounts, especially when it comes to checks. We’re going to break down the five key differences between the two which will help you know exactly what checking materials you need! Let’s dive in right now.
1. They have fundamental similarities
Both business and personal banking accounts contain monetary funds within them. This money can be used for any kind of transaction you need to make. Both accounts are also linked to checks, and this information is printed right on the checks themselves. That means with every payment you issue, money will be deducted from your account. And with every check you deposit, your balance will grow.
2. They have very different purposes
Business checks are intended for your business expenses – whether this is rent on your office space, payment of business-related bills (small vendors often rely on checks vs. credit card payments or cash), or purchases for necessary equipment and supplies to run the business.
Personal checks are for life outside of the office, including rent on your living space, or any general spending that doesn’t relate to your business.
3. They shouldn’t overlap
We can’t stress this one enough – when it comes to business check accounts vs. personal check accounts, they need to stay separate!
Things get really sticky with overlap, especially if you use a business account for personal purchases. Trust us, you will get asked how unrelated purchases relate to the business, and if there’s no valid answer, taxes are going to become way harder than they need to be.
Save yourself a big headache and keep this distinction super clean. Designate your business account for business purchases, and ensure your personal account is only for personal purchases.
4. Business checks offer more powerful functionality
Simply, your business needs business checks because they can do some pretty amazing things to save your business time and money.
Laser checks are excellent if you’re looking to maximize your existing investment into your accounting software like QuickBooks® and Peachtree®. These 100% compatible computer laser checks will save your business so much time and money since these checks and accounting software work together as a dynamic duo to automatically track spending, maintain vendor details, and create accurate financial records.
Of course, manual checks are great for a portable way to keep track of expenses for your on-the-go business, too. But, if you’re looking for a robust financial management system, we recommend laser checks for the most effective and efficient business operations.
5. They both have lots of options right for you
Both business checks and personal checks are designed to be exactly right for your needs.
Business checks can be fully customized for your professional brand, and easily paired with other essential checking account items like deposit slips [Link to June blog], stamps, and other helpful accessories.
As a major benefit, BOTH types of checks come with the same guarantees:
- Bank-approved checks: Your checks are guaranteed to meet or exceed industry bank processing standards (including Check 21 regulations), and Checksforless.com has a 100% financial institution compatibility guarantee with our state-of-the-art MICR matching system that ensures readability by all financial institutions.
- Best price: We’ll beat any lower price by 10%
- 100% product satisfaction: Guaranteed.
- Safe ordering process: All Checksforless.com checks exceed the security guidelines set by the industry and by the Check Payments Systems Association; our site uses Hacker Safe systems along with Secure SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) technology to safeguard your information against fraud; and we protect your personal and financial information through Enhanced Identity Lock Theft Protection (double verification) and the best in 3rd party security validation.
- Fast timing: As our standard production time (excluding shipping), we typically take your check order from entry process to press in 3 to 5 days. While faxed or emailed proofs are always available upon request for no additional charge, please note that proofs will increase production time. We also have expedited in-plant rush services and expedited shipping services, too.
Business check accounts vs. personal check account supplies: It’s all here!
If you’re ready to order your customized laser checks, customized personal checks, customized manual business checks, or any other checking products that save you time and money, visit us online at Checksforless.com or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 to get started.
If you’re looking for more guidance, you can check out more information on our Ultimate Business Checks Guide and our FAQ page – or you can call us toll-free at 800-245-5775 and our teams of experts are always happy to help you with more specific questions.
We look forward to helping you with all your business and personal checking needs!
This article is made possible by Checksforless.com. For more than 35 years, Checksforless.com has provided over 500,000 businesses with high quality business checks, deposit slips, and other banking supplies with easy ordering and fast production times; all at the guaranteed lowest price in the nation. Our discount business checks are easily customizable and compatible with over 4,500 software programs including QuickBooks® and Peachtree/Sage®. Email or call us toll-free at 800-245-5775. Photo by freddie marriage on Unsplash.